Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 NOTEBOOK PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys i have been having a problem installiung this one:

Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - Keyboard - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support

I already download it and install it, but it keeps coming back to the optional updates every time I check for updates. Its coming back even though I'm done downloading it.

please help 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I think a lot a folks are getting that update which does not install.

I have 3 different HP notebooks that got that update and it will not install, despite trying several times.

So...you can hide the update from showing up.

Run the Hide Windows Update troubleshooter from the link below.  It will run and show you the keyboard update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates-5df410a1-90f7-b74...

Check the box to hide the update and the tool will run again and hide it.

That will take care of the problem the next time you restart the PC.

If you ever want to unhide an update, run the tool again, and it will show the hidden updates.  Uncheck the box to unhide the update and it will show up again the next time you run Windows Update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.