Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17 ab309ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have got a trouble with high DPC latency on my Pavilion 17 ab309ur. The most high latency on ACPI.sys driver file. Sometimes I can listening audio dropouts in games, foobar2000 and audio sequencer. 

Drivers are all updated to newest version, such as BIOS.  Energy saving mode are not active.

I hope for your help.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONCLUSION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:11:45 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name: SHEINROCK-HP
OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363 (x64)
Hardware: HP Pavilion Notebook, HP, 8422
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz
Logical processors: 4
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 8078 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed: 2904 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO DPC LATENCIES
The interrupt to DPC latency reflects the measured interval in which a DPC could execute in response to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution.

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1301,50
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 4,010273

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 187,491047
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0,038021
Driver with highest ISR total time: ACPI.sys - ACPI driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0,038270

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 23787
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 939,246556
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0,145183
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0,292374

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 1949311
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 5631
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: system

Total number of hard pagefaults 29
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 19
Number of processes hit: 3

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 26,984760
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 187,491047
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 1,077510
CPU 0 ISR count: 22957
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 939,246556
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 8,207731
CPU 0 DPC count: 1950539
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 3,586649
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 21,579890
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0,001551
CPU 1 ISR count: 729
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 162,524449
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0,012829
CPU 1 DPC count: 1499
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 4,669711
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 4,505510
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0,000096
CPU 2 ISR count: 71
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 170,107782
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0,021836
CPU 2 DPC count: 2577
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 3,018211
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 12,900826
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0,000065
CPU 3 ISR count: 30
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 111,542355
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0,002543
CPU 3 DPC count: 327

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sheirock Here's a few things you can try:

Disable Dynamic Ticking and Update the Graphic Card’s Driver

This set of steps is used mostly to optimize and reduced “normally”-induced DPC latency by disabling Dynamic Ticking and updating the graphics cards which always have something to do with lag and latency. This is step is highly helpful and the first part can be easily reverted if you notice some problems:

1. Search for “Command Prompt” in the Start menu or the search bar next to it, right-click on it, and select the “Run as administrator” option. You can also use the Windows Key + R key combination in order to bring up the Run dialog box. Type in “cmd” in the box and click OK
  2. Copy and paste the following command and make sure you click Enter afterwards.

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

1. You should see the “Operation completed successfully message”. Exit Command Prompt and check to see if the problem is solved. If it’s not, proceed with the remainder of the solution.

Now it’s time to update your graphics card driver in order to try and reduce the DPC latency of your computer.

1. Select the Start button, type in Device Manager, and select it from the list of results at the top. You can also use the Windows Key + R key combination in order to bring up the Run dialog box. Type in “devmgmt.msc” in the box and click OK.
  2. Expand one of the categories to find the name of the device you want to update, then right-click on it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Update Driver.
  3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  4. If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for it on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions. You will need to repeat the same process for all graphics cards (integrated and external) or you can use an automated tool to do this for you.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Sheirock Here's a few things you can try:

Disable Dynamic Ticking and Update the Graphic Card’s Driver

This set of steps is used mostly to optimize and reduced “normally”-induced DPC latency by disabling Dynamic Ticking and updating the graphics cards which always have something to do with lag and latency. This is step is highly helpful and the first part can be easily reverted if you notice some problems:

1. Search for “Command Prompt” in the Start menu or the search bar next to it, right-click on it, and select the “Run as administrator” option. You can also use the Windows Key + R key combination in order to bring up the Run dialog box. Type in “cmd” in the box and click OK
  2. Copy and paste the following command and make sure you click Enter afterwards.

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

1. You should see the “Operation completed successfully message”. Exit Command Prompt and check to see if the problem is solved. If it’s not, proceed with the remainder of the solution.

Now it’s time to update your graphics card driver in order to try and reduce the DPC latency of your computer.

1. Select the Start button, type in Device Manager, and select it from the list of results at the top. You can also use the Windows Key + R key combination in order to bring up the Run dialog box. Type in “devmgmt.msc” in the box and click OK.
  2. Expand one of the categories to find the name of the device you want to update, then right-click on it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Update Driver.
  3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  4. If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for it on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions. You will need to repeat the same process for all graphics cards (integrated and external) or you can use an automated tool to do this for you.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher Thank you for help. As I wrote above, all my drivers are newest, as well as drivers for graphic cards. 

"bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes" - was more effective, DPC latency became lower. I use LatencyMon within 20 minuts, and it did't inidcate any problems. A little bit later I will check my sequencer for dropouts. Thanks again

HP Recommended

@Sheinrock That's awesome, I'm glad it worked,

Keep us posted with the updates and good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am so sorry, but trouble isn't completely solved. I have got some positive moments with DPC latency, but ACPI.sys and Wdf1000.sys still produce high DPC latency. All of my video cards drivers are new, I checked all drivers in Device manager - it's all new too.

CONCLUSION
Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:06:03 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name: SHEINROCK-HP
OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363 (x64)
Hardware: HP Pavilion Notebook, HP, 8422
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz
Logical processors: 4
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 8078 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed: 2904 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED KERNEL TIMER LATENCIES
This value represents the maximum measured latency of a perodically scheduled kernel timer.

Highest measured kernel timer latency (µs): 1652,20

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 266,308196
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Среда выполнения платформы драйвера режима ядра, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0,063351
Driver with highest ISR total time: Wdf01000.sys - Среда выполнения платформы драйвера режима ядра, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0,100998

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 31515
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 2
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 1663,237603
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI драйвер для NT, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0,142581
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI драйвер для NT, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0,363804

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 556822
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 3221
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 2
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: adguardsvc.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 2176
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 1066
Number of processes hit: 56

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 13,720096
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 266,308196
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 1,424660
CPU 0 ISR count: 28166
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 1663,237603
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 5,020279
CPU 0 DPC count: 539050
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1,747675
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 176,137741
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0,040594
CPU 1 ISR count: 2705
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 609,113981
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0,157097
CPU 1 DPC count: 9127
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0,739235
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 25,688361
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0,000789
CPU 2 ISR count: 367
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 225,700069
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0,065703
CPU 2 DPC count: 7100
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0,590431
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 12,969353
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0,000445
CPU 3 ISR count: 279
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 274,981061
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0,039359
CPU 3 DPC count: 4768

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.