Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have just purchased the HP Envy x360 with the intention of using it for my university work.  However upon opening a PDF of a reading I need to highlight and make notes on I discovered the default pdf reader does not seem to have the option for highlighting.  How can I go about easily highlighting relevant text? (I did download Adobe Acrobat reader but have not had any luck, while yes I can highlight information it keeps glitching and making the entire document go black and unreadable.) 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hberendsen 

Adobe PDF reader application is just that -- it allows you to READ PDFs, not annotate them.

To update or edit PDFs, you need a different product -- see this list for examples:  https://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/09/windows-10/free-pdf-annotator-software-windows-10.html

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thankyou for your reply. Just to check will the software suggested in link work in tablet mode with the stylus? 

Thanks

HP Recommended

@hberendsen 

I have no idea as I have no laptops that work with a stylus. 

You can check the websites for the different products and they might have FAQs or even support sites where you can ask that question.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.