cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hberendsen
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Highlighting documents in tablet mode using pen stylus?

HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have just purchased the HP Envy x360 with the intention of using it for my university work.  However upon opening a PDF of a reading I need to highlight and make notes on I discovered the default pdf reader does not seem to have the option for highlighting.  How can I go about easily highlighting relevant text? (I did download Adobe Acrobat reader but have not had any luck, while yes I can highlight information it keeps glitching and making the entire document go black and unreadable.) 

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,808 32,708 2,976 7,306
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hberendsen 

Adobe PDF reader application is just that -- it allows you to READ PDFs, not annotate them.

To update or edit PDFs, you need a different product -- see this list for examples:  https://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/09/windows-10/free-pdf-annotator-software-windows-10.html

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
hberendsen
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thankyou for your reply. Just to check will the software suggested in link work in tablet mode with the stylus? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,808 32,708 2,976 7,306
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hberendsen 

I have no idea as I have no laptops that work with a stylus. 

You can check the websites for the different products and they might have FAQs or even support sites where you can ask that question.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation