Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream - 14-ds0020nr
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

Hello, I use a wired mechanical keyboard. Starting around early August of this year, I began noticing that my keyboard was receiving inputs a couple seconds after I had pressed the key. It was not immediately very noticeable to me as I had not been using the laptop as much during this time. But soon, when I got back into playing games I noticed it very quickly and since then have been trying to fix the issue. At first I thought that maybe my keyboard was just messed up and that I needed a new one, but I tried using the keyboard directly on the laptop and it was still delayed. I thought maybe my games were lagging, but when I checked my ping it was at about 100 which had never caused these problems before. Next I tired trouble shooting the keyboard, however, no problem were found. I then turned to YouTube to see if I could find any solutions but they mostly kept talking about filter keys(Which I already have off). I tried updating the driver, nothing changed. I tried running the command (DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth) as an admin, this improved it to an extent as the delay spikes became less frequent, but they were not gone. I eventually gave up and factory reset the laptop, but this did not work either. Now I have no idea what to do so how can I fix this?.

Potential Questions that may be asked:

How many apps do you have installed?

Excluding the default apps, I have only downloaded 5 things. These are RobloxLauncher, CCleaner, Tiny Tasks, Op AutoClicker, and Opera GX.

Is the game that you are playing the reason for it the input delay?
I don't think so, but I am not certain. It mainly happens while I'm in a game, but I have noticed it happening at other times, Strangely enough, It has not delayed even once while I was typing this comment.

How old is you laptop?

About 2 years old.

Is anything other than your keyboard delayed(Such as click speed)?

Its only my keyboard that is delayed, everything else is fine.

If you have anything else to ask, please note that I will not be able to respond between 12:00 am and 3:40 pm(Est) as I am asleep or in school.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Something I forgot to add:
Often times when I let go of a key, there will still be inputs being sent. For example, I hold down the "W" key for about 3 seconds. After I let go of the key sometimes it will still be holding "W" for just about as long as I originally held it down.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.