Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-1230us
Ubuntu LTS

Hello everyone, 

I need help to fix the color in my webcam. It works fine except that the image is in grayscale, ther's no color. 

the situation is quite complicated since it is under a dual boot system, Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, and in both of them the video is gray.

I  will appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Miguelecas99 

You have two very different problems -- and I don't have a solution for you for either.

The first is that HP does not provide support for Linux.  So, if the webcam does not work under Linux, then you would have to contact the Ubuntu support forums for assistance.

The second is that the DV6 models came with Win7 preloaded, not Win10, and HP does not have Win10 drivers for those models.  So, there is no HP Win10 webcam driver you can download for HP for your laptop.

Others here have access to other drivers, so if one of them comes along and points you to a compatible HP driver, then you might be able to get the Webcam working again.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.