Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Digital Photo Frame df840v1

I have tried everything I can think of.

Sorted the files on the USB drive in date order

Renamed the files so that the names were in the order I wanted

No matter what I do, it displays the pictures in an order that I can't fathom

Anybody know what criterion it uses to display the photos?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@TedH5 

You can use one order, by name or by date not both. Otherwise you can use random. Please use page 14 of the following Guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03629510.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions on page 14 of the manual but it didn't give me an option of how to choose the order the photos are displayed except random or in the order  on the media.

After experimenting, I figured out that it is displaying in the order of the "create" date on the photo files. I want to display by the "date taken" on the photo file. I can changes the file names to be in that order but even when I do, it still uses the "create date"

I see in the menu that there is provision for a software update. My frame is several years old. If there is an update, how do I get it?

Thanks

Ted

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.