Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sorry if this is not the cocrrect place for this question, none of the topics listed seemed appropriate.

I recently purchased an Envy 17 laptop - I'll not go into it here but I was not happy with it at all. I would like to post my comments on the product in a review but it's not entirely obvious how one goes about that on the website. Can someone shed any light on this? -Many thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

There is no place for reviews on the HP site. I suggest you go to a site like laptopmag.com which has an extensive catalog of reviews of all types of laptops and you can make your review there.

We would also offer the Forum's help with whatever the problem may be. You don't make that clear. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I had assumed given that there are customer reviews visible on the HP website alongside the product listings that there was some way of leaving a review, if that's not the case that would explain why I can't find it.

Regarding the issues I had with the laptop, they were mainly around the shoddy build quality of the machine. The screen had very noticeable light gradients all around the edges (as if it was twisted in the frame or some such) and the case was deformed around the SD card slot. Further to that the warranty held against that laptop had already started (in December) which did make me wonder if someone else had already sent this particular item back to HP.

I simply returned the laptop so I don't require any further assistance.

Many thanks again for your reply.

HP Recommended

I stand corrected. If you can actually still find the model you bought for sale on store.hp.com you can leave a review for that model apparently. 

I generally pay very little attention to reviews on sites offering the product for sale as you can never be too sure where they came from. But if you feel you need to communicate with other potential buyers that is why it is there. They do filter reviews so pay close attention to the rules to be sure your review actually gets published. 

HP Recommended

Yes, the model I purchased is still for sale. Unless I've missed something, I simply can't see any way of adding a review. I made sure I was logged in to the site as I suspect it needs to verify the purchase. Nothing obvious on the "my orders" page either. I'm stumped.

HP Recommended

There is a link button above the reviews I found on several current models called "add a review". I do not know what model you had, so can't go to your specific page. I am guessing it is there on that page too. 

HP Recommended

Ok, I don't see such a link on the page. The exact model I had was a HP ENVY 17-ae101na Laptop. I searched the page for the word "review", so I know I didn't just miss it.

Not to worry - I'll just have to resign myself to not leaving a review.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply to my question.

HP Recommended

worst laptops everseen in life. every function is not working properly. speakers tends to decrease its volume day by day. screen also slowly turning black day by day . hard disk was also stopped working so i repaired. every small thing of this hp laptop has problem. i wish i could not have bought it. its just a useless box

HP Recommended

@adnaan1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I really want to post a bad review for HP.  I recently bought an ENVY with several peripherals.  The DVD drive does not work.  I have been on the phone with HP for about 1.5 hours and they have not helped at all,  just transferred me from store to customer service, then tech support, then to another tech support that wanted to transfer me back to the store.  I am not on hold again for the Premier support.  All I want to do is replace a bad drive.  This is rediculous,  I should have stuck with Dell.  Never again will I buy from HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.