Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15bg004AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been working with my HP Notebook past 5 years and decided to upgrade my RAM from 4 GB to 12 GB by adding an extra 8 GB stick. My Processor is AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics. The Radeon R5 Graphics in my laptop is an integrated GPU which takes 1 GB of RAM as VRAM. Earlier it used to take 512 MB of RAM as VRAM for Dedicated GPU Memory. I want to access the Advanced BIOS Settings so that I can access the UMA Buffer Size setting, but unfortunately I am unable to get the Advanced BIOS Tab. I've tried all the possible methods listed on google, HP's support pages and few YouTube guides to get the same but it didn't work. Is there anything which I should know in order to access the Advanced BIOS Tab? Please suggest any measure so that I can access the full BIOS mode.

Any discussion upon this question would be a grateful!

My Laptop's Specifications:

HP Notebook 15bg004AU

RAM: 12 GB DDR3 SODIMM 1600 MHz (4+8)

CPU: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics  ~2.20 GHz Base Frequency (4 Cores, 4 Threads)

GPU: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (Integrated)

256 GB Crucial BX500 SATA SSD + 1 TB WD HDD 5400 rpm

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Since I do not have access to the same model as yours, please note that not all BIOS are able to use the Advanced BIOS features because some of the BIOS is locked by HP.  That is because they do not want the user poking around.  Usually if that is the case, they they will stay that way.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.