Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Looking to find a method of creating a USB boot drive for my new Laptop.  I'm a bit stumped as my 3 year old Spectre came with a Recovery backup on the harddrive and app that prompted me thru creating the USB Boot disk.  This laptop has neither.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I also checked the support page to see if you could create a bootable USB recovery drive with the cloud recovery tool.

I did not see an info link for how to use the cloud recovery tool on the support page for your notebook's model series.

However, enter the product number of your notebook in the window at the link below to see if by chance your notebook is supported.

Cloud Recovery (cloud-recovery.s3-website-us-west-1.amazonaws.com)

If it isn't...

What I would do is this...use the free Macrium reflect disk imaging software and save your hard drive's image on a portable hard drive.

Under the  Backup at Home section of the webpage...Reflect 7 Free

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

The software will have you make a bootable USB or DVD 'rescue drive' that you boot from to access the system image stored on the portable hard drive.

In case you need to recover the PC, you boot from the rescue drive, access the system image stored on the portable hard drive, and in a few minutes, you will be back in business.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.