Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop was supplied with Sure Click. I don't want to use this so uninstalled it. The Sure Click extension still appeared in Chrome and was greyed out so it couldn't be turned off or uninstalled. There was no Sure Click Extension left in Edge.

I uninstalled Chrome, deleted all the Google folders in user accounts apps folders and reinstalled Chrome. The Sure Click extension has been gone for a week but suddenly reappeared today.

How do your expunge Sure Click from your PC - especially Chrome? It's poor software engineering if uninstalling the product still leaves traces and functionality on the PC.

I did find one reference to a Sure Click file in the Registry which referenced a Sure Click file in c:\windows\system32\wbem. I'm unsure what that directory does but I zapped the registry entry and referenced file.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I solved this myself since HP Support were no help. The Sure Click uninstaller does not remove the installation of the Chrome extension which is set in Group Policy.

The registry key here is being set by Group Policy: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome\ExtensionInstallForcelist. You can also check this by entering chrome://policy in the Chrome address bar.

The Chrome Sure Click extension is being set in registry.pol here  C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\. The fix is to delete and recreate registry.pol. You will need to use Group Policy Editor to reset any policy cahnges you may have entered.

• Delete registry.pol permanently using Shift + Delete.
• To recreate it, open PowerShell with admin privileges.
• Execute the following command: gpupdate /force

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.