Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 SE
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

Two days ago I got BIOS update via HP Support Assistant and me updated. After that, my notebook is getting very hot and battery timing reduced significantly.

Please let me know the solution how to downgrade the BIOS to the previous one which I was using.

Thanks

P.S. I am not a techie guy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Go to your Support page. Click on BIOS section to expand. Click on tab-Previous versions- to see other BIOS files:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-folio-1020-g1-notebook-pc/7343089

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Go to your Support page. Click on BIOS section to expand. Click on tab-Previous versions- to see other BIOS files:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-folio-1020-g1-notebook-pc/7343089

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!

I successfully downgraded. Now everything is fine. 

HP Recommended

Which BIOS are you now using?

To see thich BIOS is installed press FN + ESC and you will see a HP System Information.  In this dialog box you will see System Information about your notebook.  System BIOS informaiton is toward the bottom.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
HP Recommended

Hi! Thanks for your reply.

But the problem has been solved. I have successfully downgraded BIOS.

HP Recommended

I only ask because you might not want to drop below a certain BIOS revision and enounter issues that were corrected in a later version.  I didn't know if you only went back in revision or multiple revisions.

Read the release notes of the BIOS revision you installed and it will tell you what was fixed in that release.

Glad you are working ok.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
HP Recommended

Thanks, dude!!

HP Recommended

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

HP Recommended
hi, can you share how did you successfully downgraded your bios firmware version?
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I know this is from a while ago but i had the same problem with the new F.30 BIOSso I downgraded to the last version.

How can keep track with what they fix on the new BIOS version as you mentionted, so i can update again once it is fixed?

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.