cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
lornevs
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

How to Print Screen on HP Envy laptop with new keyboard layout

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ed0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This question has been posted before, I have tried all the solutions, none work. Why can't I do a simple, simple operation like Print Screen on this computer? Pressing the Prt Sc button worked - once, but not again. I've tried every combination of prt sc  + fn, ctrl, Windows, alt - nothing works. I must add I hate this keyboard layout, it's almost impossible to see punctuation marks, I make more typing mistakes on this keyboard than any other I've ever had.

Can I please just Print Screen?

2 REPLIES 2
Webmaus
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Strg / Ctrl + C for copying all / Strg / Ctrl + Alt + C for copying only the active window and Strg / Ctrl + v for inserting in a graphic program for printing it from there does not work ? 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
lornevs
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. Right - does not work for me - Ctrl+C will copy the page as an HTML document (and prompt you so save it), Ctrl+Alt+C does nothing.

I have since found out you can use the Windows 10 print screen function, Shift+Windows+S, it then prompts you to draw the area to be printed. Works fine.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation