Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy 15 bp152wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have bought my note book recently and installed a M.2 (NVMe) SSD Samsung 970 EVO plus but its showing support to the Samsung magician so the issue is because AHCI is not enabled so that's the Samsung software Samsung magician is unable to show stats of SSD and i didn't found anyway to enable AHCI mode checked the BIOS as well but didn't found any option to activate AHCI mode.i have the latest version of BIOS

so please Help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I wouldn't worry about it then, if everything is working OK.

There is nothing you can do as far as changing drive controller settings.

You can find many posts where other folks are having the same issue.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/970-EVO-not-compatible-with-Magician-5-2/td-...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

AHCI mode is only used for SATA drives.

M.2 drives use a different model storage controller which is already enabled by default, or you would not have been able to reinstall windows 10.

Ignore the AHCI message from the Samsung Magician software, and just use it to check for firmware updates.

HP Recommended

Untitled.pngi tried but nothing going to work.when i was trying to update firmware with bootable usb its used to no supported ssd found and while i try to install samsung drivers for NVMe 970 EVO plus it popups with the message Samsung NVM device not connected but my operating system is working just fine on SSD.The only thing looking going to be worked is changing RAID to AHCI but there there is no option to change this in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

I wouldn't worry about it then, if everything is working OK.

There is nothing you can do as far as changing drive controller settings.

You can find many posts where other folks are having the same issue.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/970-EVO-not-compatible-with-Magician-5-2/td-...

HP Recommended

Yup, the thing is My Notebook have an optane board with hard wired RAID so there is no possible option to change it to AHCI due to this Samsung magician is not going to support.
So i am happy with it at least SSD working fine without any problem so far.Thanks for your concern by the way.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What Samsung needs to do is to re-write their Magician software so it works with the new hardware configurations.

There are lots of quirks with the software.

Even with SATA drives in RAID mode, the report that AHCI is not enabled causes concerns with many folks, and that is just plain wrong.  A SATA SSD performs just as well in RAID mode as with AHCI as you can see in this discussion.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/How-to-enable-AHCI-for-HP-ENVY-TouchSmart-...

Another issue with the software is on AMD platforms with AHCI enabled, the Magician software reports that it is not enabled.

That is why I wouldn't even bother installing it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.