Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have seen my pc supports AMD-V but when I look in the BIOS it has not appeared

BIOS Version: F.28 2011

Do I need a update and how do I update?

Is something wrong in the BIOS or is it located in the Boot Options?

I don't know

Can someone please help and figure this out?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MrSmall

Thank you for posting back. 

Try this:

Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens. Press F10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility. Select the File tab, use the down arrow down to the listing for the PCI slot on your motherboard that you want to enable. Highlight "Enable" and press "Enter.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MrSmall
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see that you're unable to see the AMD graphic card in bios, You must first enable the PCI slot from the BIOS menu before switching to a PCIe video card.
Open the BIOS menu. Pressing the “F2” key during computer startup usually takes you to the BIOS menu.

Make sure that your graphics card isn’t disabled:

• Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu and select Device Manager from the list of results.
  • Once Device Manager opens, locate your graphics card and double-click it to see its properties.
  • Go to the Driver tab and click the Enable button. If the button is missing it means that your graphics card is enabled.

Also please update BIOS Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How do I enable the PCI in the BIOS?

HP Recommended

@MrSmall

Thank you for posting back. 

Try this:

Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens. Press F10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility. Select the File tab, use the down arrow down to the listing for the PCI slot on your motherboard that you want to enable. Highlight "Enable" and press "Enter.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.