Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0020nt
Microsoft Windows 11

1. I bought a new pair of 32Gb (2x16) DDR4 3200mhz for my laptop and when I installed it's capped at 2400 so how do I enable XMP for that?

2. Altho My CPU (3750H) is on the supported CPU list for Windows 11 but when I try to install it, it gives me a TPM error.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You cannot enable XMP in the BIOS and the reason the memory is running at 2400 MHz is because that is the fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at.

AMD Ryzen™ 7 3750H Mobile Processor | AMD

The other problem regarding TPM is like that for every 15-ec0xxx notebook.

Your notebook has a firmware based (fTPM) TPM 2.0 device and for some reason Windows does not recognize firmware based TPM devices as 'true' TPM 2.0 security devices.

Your only option to install W11 until if and when Microsoft ever fixes the bug is to use one of the several W11 hardware check bypass methods to upgrade to W11.

I found this method to be the easiest way to do that...

https://dongknows.com/steps-for-windows-11-upgrade-on-unsupported-hardware/ 

Before upgrading to W11, I recommend that you make a system image of your current W10 installation prior to updating to W11, so you can easily reinstall W10 in the future.  I used the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

HP Recommended

Isn't there anyway to boost up my ram speed? Such Ryzen Master, Overdrive or anything else? 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, there isn't any way to overclock the memory.

HP locks the BIOS down to prevent users from damaging the notebooks and then submitting repair requests under the warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.