Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-n278sa Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had the PC for a few years (originally on Windows 8 but now updated to Windows 10)  but only now I want to start using the camera. I found it only takes black-and-white videos, no color. There are various suggestions for this problem in this forum and elsewhere on the web, but none of them work for me. I found a suggestion to update the device driver; unfortunately I can't find the page with that suggestion again, but anyway, the link that it gave for the new device driver was broken. When I tell windows to update the device driver, it says it can't find a better one but the manufacturer might have one. So I went to the HP page for device drivers and told it my serial number, and it came up with a list of device drivers, but none of them was for the camera. This doesn't make sense, the PC does have a camera and it has a device driver, so surely there should be one shown (even if it was only the one I already have, surely it should be listed?) I can only suppose that the site is confused about what devices come with my serial number. So, how can I find a suitable Windows 10 device driver for the truevision HD camera? (I suppose other suggestions for dealing with the monochrome issue might be helpful, though I've already tried the ones that I found in this forum, but clearly there should be a device driver so I really want to know how to find that anyway).

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Janey99 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are looking for camera drivers.

In that case, I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

1. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

1. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  2. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  3. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.