Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook x2 - 10-p019tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Device: HP Notebook x2 - 10-p019tu 
I have this notebook where my little brother claimed that he uninstalled the display adapter but don't know how to install it back. I take a look in the device manager and found that the current display adapter is "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", but from what I read https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c05272314, the graphic driver should be "Intel® HD Graphics 400", can anyone give me some advice on how should I install this driver?

I tried to find the driver listed in the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, I didn't found the driver for Intel® HD Graphics 400, while I think the Driver pack "Intel Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio Driver Pack" should be the solution since is shows the word "Graphic", but when I tried installed it it keep showing error of "The setup program ended prematurely because of the following error: The request operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made."

Appreciate if anyone could help. 

Regards,
Thong Chin Hoong

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that would have been the correct driver.

See if this works for you...

I have taken the latest graphics driver from your notebook's support page out of that whole file, zipped it up and uploaded it to my Skydrive folder and shared the link to the folder below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=gnzYMr

Download the zip file labeled sp82781.

Unzip the file to its folder.  Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.  Click to expand the Display adapters device manager category.

Click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.   

Click on Have Disk and and browse to the sp82781 driver folder you unzipped>Drivers>Graphics>Ki116924 (setup information file), click Next, and the driver should install.

After the driver has completed installing, restart the PC, and hopefully the graphics will be working again.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that would have been the correct driver.

See if this works for you...

I have taken the latest graphics driver from your notebook's support page out of that whole file, zipped it up and uploaded it to my Skydrive folder and shared the link to the folder below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=gnzYMr

Download the zip file labeled sp82781.

Unzip the file to its folder.  Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.  Click to expand the Display adapters device manager category.

Click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.   

Click on Have Disk and and browse to the sp82781 driver folder you unzipped>Drivers>Graphics>Ki116924 (setup information file), click Next, and the driver should install.

After the driver has completed installing, restart the PC, and hopefully the graphics will be working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.