Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hi,

I have a question for you, I just buy a HP laptops, in August. I tried to register to Windows 7 upgrade program. But the tool, to check if it is available for this upgrade, does not validate my laptop, it says that the laptop does not have eligibility for the program.

I need to know how I can check, if my laptop is or not a refurbished product? I payed as a new product. Because, if I not use the tool, and I submit the product  number and serial number, the page tells me that the product number is wrong.

Please, how can I check if my laptop is a refurbished product?

Regards,

Israel.
20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi,

If u have an additiona R at the end of the product number (for Eg: NB234UA#ABA is the product for new notebook and NB234UAR#ABA is the product number for a refurbished notebook.  If KS453AV#ABA is the product for new notebook Then KS453AVR#ABA will be teh product number of refurbished notebook)..

So if you have an additional R in the product number, it means it is a Refurbished notebook.

If not its a New notebook.

Regards,

Mohammed Mukrams

***Click on “Kudos” STAR which is on the left to say thanks!***

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

HI,

Thank you for your reply. It was realy helpful.

Regards,

Israel.

HP Recommended

Aslam o Alaikum bro Mukarm please explain from where can i get my product number...

HP Recommended

Qawish, Wa alaykumu s-salam. There are a few different ways to find your product number, for example locating the service tag on the bottom of your notebook. Please use the document How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number to find the product number of your notebook.

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
HP Recommended

thanks for help,,,

But there is one thing that make me confused..

when i removed the battry there is no additional R

but when i check from system information there is addtional R(i am checking by these words type in the Run box Msinfo32) 

i am using windows 8 but when i press Fn+Esc these keys not working for me 

sorry for poor English

HP Recommended
please house am a Nigerian, i wanna buy a hp laptop, how and where can i get it? where in Nigeria do they have outlets?? i need mail address and phone contacts... reply a.s.a.p
HP Recommended

buenos dias, 

como se si mi computador es "refurbished"?

muchas gracias

HP Recommended

I am confused my laptop product number not contain additional R. But there is use of screw down the laptop ... i dont know what is happened to it but i purchased it from a shop new .... 
Sorry for RIP English .

I dont know English please tell me what should i can do???
Please Reply..................... :Crying:

HP Recommended

Okay bro dont worry about it...lets check now by type these words in Run box MSinfo32

if you have to see addition R in the product number then this is a Refurbished product...

Just tell me what portion of your laptop you think open....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.