Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 2000 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, everyone.

I want to change my hard drive: HDD drive to SSD drive and move clean Windows 10 Pro image from  HDD drive. For this as I understand I need to make backup of image of OS. So, is there any native HP program for to do this. And my orginal Windows key whether will be redirected automatically to new SSD drive later?

Please, answer my question.

Best Regards,

Mammadli Elnur.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@eminayka 

My suggestion, is if you want to migrate Win10 from an HDD to an SSD, then consider using a third-party solution known as Macrium Reflect (MR).

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR) from here: https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree
2) Connect the new drive to the PC using a USB-to-SSD drive adapter (like the one illustrated below)
3) Follow the instructions in this link: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Cloning+a+disk
4) Shutdown the PC when done
5) Swap the drives and reboot the PC.

NOTE: To do this easily, the SDD has to be the same capacity as the HDD.  IF you get an SDD that is a lot smaller, then before you do the cloning, you have to shrink the largest partition on the HDD (usually the OS partition), to the size such that it, and the other partitions, fit easily on the SSD.

You should boot from the new drive without any problems.

Typical USB-to-SSD adapter:

USB-Drive-Adapter.jpg
Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

You described how to clone disc.
But I need get a clean image of Windows 10 Pro(I mean without programs, files and etc.) with orginal sewn Windows Key. How can I do it?

HP Recommended

@eminayka 

You said you wanted to "move" what you had from HDD to SDD -- so I told you HOW to do that.

You can't get a clean image without programs -- as some stuff is going to be installed no matter what you use.  If you want an install without HP utilities, you can do that from Win10 install media -- but that will also NOT contain HP device drivers, and for a laptop, that is a serious issue.

If you want to create that media anyway, here is the link to the tool:  Windows 10 download

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Whether will this "Windows 10 installation Media" be take my native/original Windows Key or no?
Or this "Windows 10 installation Media" don't require the key at all?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.