Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
B3M47EA#ACB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, it's my first question here and I hope I'll get a good answer. I have HP notebook (laptop) Pavilion g7 with Intel i3 2.20 GHz (4 logic proc), 4 GB RAM, 64-bit system and two switchable GPU's: AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series (it's the best gpu in my laptop with 2764 mb but I'm not sure) and Intel HD Graphics 3000. Problem: I can't switch what I need (in "Subject" (look up)) in case if I click right button, then config switch graphs (AMD of cource), after I see window with with apps I can config (max perfomance or better baterry life), but I have THREE videoplayers and I want to work with them using high-perfomance processor NOT weak GPU! So I can't do it by my self because I see a sign of lock and can't click on it. I really need your help. Sorry if it's a stupid question. If you need some screenshots or more information - ask for it! Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@eg_egoro

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you want to switch graphics processor in high performance mode,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that the switchable graphics and processor performance is system managed?

If you didn't, I'm afraid it is system managed and therefore you cannot make any major changes to the way it works, that said, here's a few things you could attempt to free up some memory and get it to work faster than usual:

Here's how you do it:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows. 
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and ok...this should do the trick.

If the issue persists, The best way to resolve the issue is to follow the suggestions of the HP Guided Troubleshooter:

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.
(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If I have answered your queries, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@eg_egoro

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you want to switch graphics processor in high performance mode,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that the switchable graphics and processor performance is system managed?

If you didn't, I'm afraid it is system managed and therefore you cannot make any major changes to the way it works, that said, here's a few things you could attempt to free up some memory and get it to work faster than usual:

Here's how you do it:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows. 
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and ok...this should do the trick.

If the issue persists, The best way to resolve the issue is to follow the suggestions of the HP Guided Troubleshooter:

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.
(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If I have answered your queries, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, I see I can't switch this, but I'm really glad to see your reply. Thank you! It was useful advice for me. I will try what you said.

Good luck

HP Recommended

@eg_egoro

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards identifying and leading you towards the solution for this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept my suggestions,

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.