Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

"for your model, the only way to get the device out of sleep is to switch back to keyboard mode."

There is no way that can be correct, that would be a HUGE (and stupid) design flaw.

Does anyone at HP know how to wake the PC up?

HP Recommended

I've been having the same problem since purchasing last week. I discovered when it is in sleep mode, if I pick it up and place it back down it wakes up.

HP Recommended

Can you explain more on "pick it up and place it back down"? do you mean flip over?

HP Recommended

Same problem with an hp envy x360 15m-ee0023dx. It really does seem like an incredibly stupid design. I also would never have bought it if I had known I was going to have to go through this every single time.

HP Recommended

@midian42 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to know how to wake up envy x360 2 in 1 when flipped over in tablet mode.

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Not a helpul reply.

Let's summarize the issue in this threat: There is no individual malfunction but a general design flaw affecting the complete model series!

Integrating the power button and the fingerprint sensor into the keyboard disables them in tablet mode. However, they are essential for the usability of the device since a tablet, just like a notebook, needs to be switched on and off (common sense, right?!).

It's like designing a car to disable the ignition as soon as the handbrake is activated, that would need a quick fix and not a reference to a support hotline. Of course one could jumpstart the car everytime one wants to use it but probably one would rather buy a model that can just be started with a key, as it has been intended to function for decades across brands and models.

Bottom line: Product designers made a mistake here. Is that fixable via BIOS update, or not

(=will I buy the new model, or not!)?

With kind regards in hope for a solution oriented response.

HP Recommended

I agree , I got this because I wanted the best of both worlds with a tablet and laptop .  I shouldn't need to keep flipping between configurations and detracts from ease of use an result in me using it more in laptop mode which is not what I wanted !

HP Recommended

@cabal06ba

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information.

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

HP Recommended

Same here with the exact problem!

I am using a lot at the university where i take notes with drawing in tablet mode. But when there is a long conversation going on, ofc it gets into sleep mode, dont wanna keep the display on the whole time. 

I checked everything for my new laptop, i would never think it will fail with such a little but minor detail!

please get this fixed in the bios, so that you are able to press a key to wake it up, only if the display goes to sleep mode. Cant be that difficult, can it?!

Please dont let me regret my purchase ...

HP Recommended

In the meantime we wait for HP to fix their product I have a tip. I had an old surface pen laying around, the one with a top button that you pair via Bluetooth. This button will wake the computer up. Should work with any pen that has a Bluetooth connected button.

Not a solution, but a possible workaround while we wait.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.