Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15m-ee0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear, I bought my new hp envy x-360 convertible yesterday. When I first start the pc keyboard light was on during all time even when I shut down the pc the keyboard light was still on than with pressing F4 I turn it off. Today while working ( on battery) I noticed that if Iam not typing the keyboard goes off after 30 seconds. Is there solution how to turn on keyboard light all the time. I check my BIOS there isn't advanced option to change this setting. Iam using windowd 10 with 64 bit, please if anyone have/ or  find out answer ? Any recommendation for  softwere with who I can control the backlight ? 

Thank you in advance & all the best.

Igor Iliev
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@igoriliev

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to keep the keyboard backlight always on.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

If the option to keep the backlight always on is not available in the BIOS that means you will not be able to keep it on always and it is by design. There is no option or settings to change this.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@igoriliev

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to keep the keyboard backlight always on.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

If the option to keep the backlight always on is not available in the BIOS that means you will not be able to keep it on always and it is by design. There is no option or settings to change this.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response.

Hope that in near future there will be solution for this issue. I don't understand why they aren't giving  option to control the backlit keyboard only in few models. I thnik hp should consider to make update!

I do some research and all other brends give option to control it...

One more time thank you for the response.

Also stay safe and all the best.

Igor Iliev
HP Recommended

@igoriliev

You're welcome!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello there...

Thanks for answering the question.  This computer is brand new for me as well.  I read your reply of the option to keep the backlight on is not available in the BIOS for this model computer.  

My question is when does the keyboard backlight turn on?  This was a major selling feature for me, and I haven't witnessed my illuminated keyboard since I first opened it yesterday.

Thank you...

HP Recommended

I have a bad experience with HP envy 360. As soon as it completes 03 years the product will be out of service and  no matter how less your are using or keeping it good, the motherboard well crash for no reason and there will be no support from HP not even paid. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.