Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I bought a new HP Omen 17 week ago, product ID 7SBO2EA#BED, free DOS.

I just installed Win10 64bit on device immediately after purchase, following instructions.

After Win10 installation and Updating I tried to call HP Omen Control Center by assigned button on keyboard and nothing happen.

So I opened HP Support Community web page and found HP Software and Driver Downloads/Laptop and by product ID they offered OMEN Command Center SDK Package which I have Download and installed.

After succesfull instalation I tried to call again HP Omen Control Center by Icon and assigned button on my keyboard and 

laptop generated next message; The Code execution cannot proceed because SynCom.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

SynCom.DLL file I have also found and installed same but there is no any improvement...

I can see that some HP Omen owners have same issue and they succesfully solved this problem. 

Please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Asmita6658

I installed HP Omen Control Center instead HP Omen Command Center and that was obviously mistake

Most probably HP Omen Control Centar is software for HP Omen 15 or previous series.

Now everyting properly working, there is no needs for Win10 reinstallation.

For next users is good for know that Win defender should be disabled during HP Omen Command Center installation.

Thank a lot for Your attemptions to help.

Np1981

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Np1981

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try these steps to check the system file -

1) Select Start, and in the search box, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator.
2) Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/").
3) Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

Also, try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 2 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Asmita6658

I followed your steps, but at first step I can not choose Comand Prompt so I started Administrator Windows PowerShell (Is this same??)

and tiped DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (the operation compleated successfully),

than I typed fc /scannow

and program generated;

( Windows Resource Protection forund corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log...).

Steps 2 and 3 are checked and program generated message that System is Updated.

So it seems there is no avaible updates. 

There is no any improvements.

Please correct me if  I done something wrong or suggest to me any new step/s...

Anyhow, thanks a lot for hellping....

HP Recommended

@Np1981

I'd suggest try re-installing the operating system. 

Create Windows 10 installation media

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Asmita6658

I installed HP Omen Control Center instead HP Omen Command Center and that was obviously mistake

Most probably HP Omen Control Centar is software for HP Omen 15 or previous series.

Now everyting properly working, there is no needs for Win10 reinstallation.

For next users is good for know that Win defender should be disabled during HP Omen Command Center installation.

Thank a lot for Your attemptions to help.

Np1981

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.