Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

So I received a notification from Hp Support Assistant that there is Bios update and I considered that I should go install the update then while the update is still being processed I accidentally pressed the power button and I tried to undo it then it won't turn on anymore. The dc power jack is working fine but when I try to charge my laptop it doesn't glow like the way it used to beforei it's much less brighter and it stays on color white. I'll try to give more information if anything is asked. I also tried the key press combination and still won't turn on. I also tried removing the battery and charging it but the power indicator in the dc power jack still stays the same much less brighter and white, even so I pressed the power button and nothing happens.

Could the power button be the one to blame?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for keeping me posted

At this point I suggest you contact HP Support in your Region for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Kevin2927

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Have you tried a BIOS Recovery yet? Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833

Keep me posted

Thank you 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I will go try all the methods provided to help my laptop recover bios. I first tried the windows and b keys method but it still won't power on. I would like to try other methods and see if anything works. I'll keep you updated after I try all the methods.

HP Recommended

Keep us posted how it goes

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay so I tried the bios recovery method using a usb flash drive and it still won't turn on. I'm guessing that the power button is broken and is preventing me from making any progress, but before I bring that up does the power indicator has something to do with my laptops condition? Because when I try to charge my laptop the power indicator light thing doesn't glow the way it used to back when my laptop is completely working fine, but in this time it looks like it's completely the same color as when it is not charged and shut down 

HP Recommended

Thanks for keeping me posted

At this point I suggest you contact HP Support in your Region for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.