Bo-barb Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

I am trying to disable my touchpad...and can't...

HP15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to disable my touchpad...I never use it.  I have uninstalled Synaptics device multiple times...it is currently not installed.  I went to settings and went to "mouse and touchpad" and under "further options" I used to have something that at least temporarily stopped it...now that setting isn't available.  I read somewhere that holding the touchpad in the upper left corner for a few seconds would disable it...nope, didn't work.  I have tried various things I have read on internet, and nothing works. I am now hating using this computer...HELP please!!!

3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 819 1369
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

@Bo-barb

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. :) I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP 15 Notebook PC and would like to disable the touchpad on it permanently. You have uninstalled Synaptics device and have disabled the touchpad from mouse and touchpad settings.  You held down the upper left corner of the touchpad and that didn't disable the touchpad either. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Ideally, you need to tap the upper left corner of the touchpad twice quickly to either enable it or disable it.

Please feel free to reply. I'll watch fro your response. Cheers! :)

Bo-barb Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

OMG OMG OMG!!!  That's all I had to do, is tap the upper left hand corner quickly twice??? And it worked!!!  Thank you so much...I have spent hours trying to find a solution....thank you again!!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 819 1369
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

@Bo-barb

You're welcome. :)

I'm glad to know that the suggestion worked for you. Have a great day! :)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation