SureshL
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

I can't open File Explorer or Control Panel or Windows Security

HP Recommended
Hp - 15q - ds0029TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to open File Explorer, but I am greeted with a blank white page. 

So I thought of going to Control Panel and see if something helps there. But when I open it, the same another blank page.

So i thought some malware must be there and went to Windows Defender buy instead I get greeted with a message saying "this app can't open. A problem with windows is preventing windows security from openeing. Refreshing your PC might help"

Then, I tried resetting (by keeping my files in other drives as I don't have a backupexternal drive)

But the same problem persists.

I attached the photos of the same. 

Please help me with this.

IMG_20200829_221724.jpg

IMG_20200829_221707.jpg

IMG_20200829_221652.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,707 32,607 2,970 7,288
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SureshL 

None of your images are showing in the thread -- they are all blank.

See if this thread helps:  https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/35424-windows-10-cant-open-file-explorer-control-panel.htm...

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
SureshL
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply sir!

Can you check my post now? It seems the images are visible now. 

And also, I've tried changed the display scale to almost all factors available. 

AndtAnd problem persisted. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation