Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP probook 430 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, all can you help me?

My Notebook is Probook 430 G6 and recently I can't use my F3 and F4 keyboard function. It was to change the brightness. Before I could use it fine without any combination function but now, even I tried to do the combination FN+F3/F4 it does not work.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
1. Please recall whether this phenomenon occurs after some special operations, such as checking whether a third-party optimization software is installed in the computer. If it is installed, please check whether the screen is disabled in the optimization software. Brightness adjustment function, please enable it. 2. If you do not have a startup item that you need to set, it is recommended that you disable the startup item and services to try. Method: Please click the start menu, enter msconfig in "Run", open the system configuration, disable all in "Startup Items", and hide all Microsoft services in "Services", and then disable all. After doing this, you can test whether the screen brightness can be adjusted normally to avoid the brightness adjustment function being disabled by a startup item you installed earlier. 3. If it cannot be resolved, this situation is probably caused by a problem with the graphics card driver or shortcut key driver. In the case that you have installed the shortcut key driver, it is recommended that you try to install the graphics card driver.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
1. Please recall whether this phenomenon occurs after some special operations, such as checking whether a third-party optimization software is installed in the computer. If it is installed, please check whether the screen is disabled in the optimization software. Brightness adjustment function, please enable it. 2. If you do not have a startup item that you need to set, it is recommended that you disable the startup item and services to try. Method: Please click the start menu, enter msconfig in "Run", open the system configuration, disable all in "Startup Items", and hide all Microsoft services in "Services", and then disable all. After doing this, you can test whether the screen brightness can be adjusted normally to avoid the brightness adjustment function being disabled by a startup item you installed earlier. 3. If it cannot be resolved, this situation is probably caused by a problem with the graphics card driver or shortcut key driver. In the case that you have installed the shortcut key driver, it is recommended that you try to install the graphics card driver.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.