Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook bs033cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep getting this error, where my computer crashed, a blue screen appears. And the blue screen says problem:

WINRING 0x64.sys. It also says tell the support team that it is a system service exception, and they will take care. SO um.. HELP!! This error happens whenever I try to install cpu-tweaker to moniter my cpu utilization and ghz, to make sure its stable.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@cpuzz 

Sorry, but since this is just a self-help Support Community staffed mostly by volunteers, we have no capability for debugging problems with third-party (i.e., non-HP) applications.

For help with these issues, you have to contact the vendor of the application or their support forum.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

but do you know what the error code means

HP Recommended

The WinRing0x64.sys file is a Windows driver. Generally, drivers are used by Windows to enable internal components like graphic cards and drives, or external devices, such as printers, backup media or input devices. Below are the different error messages it shows when occurs:

• Winring0x64.sys has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Fix winring0x64.sys has stopped working error.
  • winring0x64.sys. This program is not responding.
  • (winring0x64.sys) - Application Error: the instruction at 0xXXXXXX referenced memory error, the memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program.
  • (winring0x64.sys) is not a valid windows 32 application error.
  • (winring0x64.sys) missing or not found.

Further, I suggest you to check the below link that will help you fix the issue:

https://www.exedb.com/en/winring0x64.sys/51719

Hope it helps!

HP Recommended

T=your answer is probably the most helpful so far, but I cant remove win ring, because i need it to run cpu tweaker. is there a way to run winring, and not have my computer crash??

HP Recommended

your answer is probably the most helpful so far, but I cant remove win ring, because i need it to run cpu tweaker. is there a way to run winring, and not have my computer crash??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.