Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-ck039nl
Microsoft Windows 11

I need to replace the driver for Intel(R) Management Engine Interface # 1 which is altered [Could not verify the digital signature of the required drivers for the device. It is possible that during a recent modification of the hardware or software a corrupted file has been installed, with an incorrect signature or made up of malware of unknown origin. (Code 52) ].  Windows Update and Intel Driver & Support Assistant do not report any problem and do not make any change but in DEVICE MANAGEMENT the problem is reported! I tried to connect to INTEL support to make a download but I couldn’t recognize the way to locate and download the driver. Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, what I think you should do is to temporarily remove the Intel management engine device from the system devices list.

Right click on the Intel Management Engine Interface.

Select Uninstall and check the Uninstall driver box.

When you restart the PC, Windows should automatically install the device and hopefully, the #1 designation will be gone,.

Run sp136281 and it will update the Intel management engine interface driver to the latest version after you restart the PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

How come the device is labeled as Intel(R) Management Engine Interface # 1?

You don't have two of them listed there, do you?

I suggest that you right click on that device, select uninstall, and check the uninstall driver box.

Then restart the PC and see if windows sets the device up correctly so that it is labeled as just the  Intel(R) Management Engine Interface.

This would be the latest driver for the Intel Management Engine Inteface for your notebook's processor and chipset...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp136001-136500/sp136281.exe 

HP Recommended

How come the device is labeled as Intel(R) Management Engine Interface # 1?

I don’t know what to say

You don't have two of them listed there, do you?

In DEVICE MANAGER there is only this name in the subgroup SYSTEM DEVICES

I suggest ….. and check the uninstall driver box.

Do you mean that the uninstallation was successful? That the device no longer appears in the list?

This would be the latest driver for the Intel Management Engine Inteface for your notebook's processor and chipset...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp136001-136500/sp136281.exe

What should the . exe file you posted do?

Thank you for your interest and for your patience

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, what I think you should do is to temporarily remove the Intel management engine device from the system devices list.

Right click on the Intel Management Engine Interface.

Select Uninstall and check the Uninstall driver box.

When you restart the PC, Windows should automatically install the device and hopefully, the #1 designation will be gone,.

Run sp136281 and it will update the Intel management engine interface driver to the latest version after you restart the PC.

HP Recommended

I have no words to express my admiration and gratitude. Everything worked as you said. The sign #1 has disappeared. There are no more warnings that the driver is corrupt indeed the driver works properly. Thank you for your interest and your expertise.  I didn’t understand the consequences of that anomaly but I’m glad it’s gone. Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.