Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Model: 15-r119TU Pavilion Product :K8T67PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my laptop ram, it has 4gb ram pre-installed. I read on internet that it has 1 ram slot and expandable upto 8gb ram. So if i buy 4gb ram will i have to replace it with the original ram or i can add it so it becomes 8gb total. 

I want total 8gb ram what should i do?

Should i buy 8gb ram card or 4gb

I have HP pavilion laptop Model: 15-r119TU Pavilion Product :K8T67PA#ACJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@theDinesh 

Just thought you should know -- BEFORE you spend the money on an 8GB RAM stick, that if your goal is to improve the runtime performance of your laptop, you're wasting your money.  While yeah, it would produce some really MINOR gains running synthetic benchmarks, it's unlikely that you would see any real improvement.

A better option, since your PC came with a 5400RPM drive, would be to replace that with an SSD.  Would cost you similar money and would result in noticeable performance improvement.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@theDinesh 

Just thought you should know -- BEFORE you spend the money on an 8GB RAM stick, that if your goal is to improve the runtime performance of your laptop, you're wasting your money.  While yeah, it would produce some really MINOR gains running synthetic benchmarks, it's unlikely that you would see any real improvement.

A better option, since your PC came with a 5400RPM drive, would be to replace that with an SSD.  Would cost you similar money and would result in noticeable performance improvement.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.