Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have never had an issue with this but my notebook is not letting me upload pictures and videos from my SD card. When I try to import, it lets me select the pictures to upload but then freezes and turns off. I've tried updating my system as well as restarting but the same thing keeps happening. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it? Thank you in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@alessandriajoy 

First off, are you REALLY running a 10-year-old version of Windows -- because that is what you claim in your thread!

Second, HOW are you trying to upload the pictures?  What app are you using and what steps are you following?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Haha, nope I am not running XP. I am running Windows 10. How I am trying to upload, as I always have since I've owned this notebook, is I open the Photos app on Windows then click the import button (after inserting the SD card). An import window pops up and asks me which pictures and videos I want to upload from the card. I select what I want, click import and usually within seconds, they are saved to my computer in a folder. However, the issue I am having currently is that when I get to the point that I click the images I want to import, the photos app freezes then shuts off. I've tried it many times, updated my system and restarted. Same issue... Any ideas for me?

HP Recommended

@alessandriajoy 

Microsoft is having problems with the Photos app and there have even been reports of them discontinuing support for it.

I don't use it, so I don't know if that is true. 

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.