Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
T5-bw054sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I started installing windows from the USB onto the SSD and get to the second part of installation  "Getting files ready for installation" and a message then appears  "windows could not set the offline locale information Error code: 0x80000001" and the the installation is cancelled. 

I've searched the issue online and it says that it's due to a broken disk, however, I've used this disk to install other operating systems and used in other laptops too and it works fine in them.

I'm unsure what to do now, any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Starburst11

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Starburst11 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to copy the installation files from USB to SSD.

In that case, you will have to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't need recovery media since I'm not recovering anything, I just want to create a new installation of Windows 10 on my SSD.

The Windows 10 installer exits with an error code telling me the SSD is faulty even though it has been used before and has other operating systems installed on it, so it cannot be faulty.

Is there any other ways to get around this error to install WIndows 10 on the SSD?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't need recovery media since I'm not recovering anything, I just want to create a new installation of Windows 10 on my SSD.

The Windows 10 installer exits with an error code telling me the SSD is faulty even though it has been used before and has other operating systems installed on it, so it cannot be faulty.

Is there any other ways to get around this error to install WIndows 10 on the SSD?

HP Recommended

@Starburst11 

I understand your concerns.

According to the specification the laptop shipped 1TB only. 

I would suggets you install the operating system on the hard drive.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Your quite right, however it was very slow and unuseable so I would like to use an SSD as it's faster.  I have the media creation tool on a USB and the installation starts and gets to the point where the box comes up and you select language, keyboard etc I click next and it just looks round and round and gets no further than that point. 

Thanks 

HP Recommended

@Starburst11

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.