Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop 15-cs3023ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Intel Optane Memory Service use high cpu for short period while computer (even if computer is idle and even if the top is closed). The fans are running intensivly to disipate the high temperature created by cpu usage.  I bought that computer in february, so only 4 months old! 

I also get random disconnection from my wifi network device since the beginning. I must desactivate the network adapter than reactivate it. Since I bought it at Costco, I thinking about getting a replacement.

Do you have any better solutions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JFFerl if you've got a high CPU usage though you aren't playing any games as such, here's what you need to do:

Do a Windows Search for “Services” and, in the window that opens, look for Windows Management Instrumentation. Right-click it, then select Restart. You can also stop the service entirely, if you desire, or simply restart your computer.

How to restart Windows Management Instrumention using Services.msc in Windows

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks for the high cpu issues. I'll try it next time it happen. Should I open a new issue for the unstable wifi adaptor? I have many devices at home (other pc, mobile device) and that's the only one getting disconnected. The network device get in a unusabale state once or twice a day.  Then,  I must desactivate the network adapter than reactivate it. There's a software known problem or is it a defective device?

HP Recommended

@JFFerl Ideally, you would have to start a new thread for a different issue, however, I can certainly make an exception and save you from the trouble of doing the same, that said, for an unstable WiFi connection, here's a related post that has helped others: click here to view.

Keep us posted,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.