cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 41 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having same problem, hope that update comes soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
5 5 0 8
Message 42 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP did post a BIOS update via HP Solutions. I solved the problem by downloading the HP update then i was able to run the Windows Update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 43 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where did you download the HP BIOS update from? I could not find any new updates on the HP Support Assistant.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 44 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't have HP Solutions but looked at the drivers & downloads page of the website without any joy.  Any further help would be appreciated with this please.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
5 5 0 8
Message 45 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I noticed a dot (think it was green) on the Support Assistance Icon on my Windows Taskbar.  When I opened the assistant i clicked on the updates link under my device (a Pavilion Desktop). Downloaded and installed the Bios update and was able to install the Windows update after that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
5 5 0 8
Message 46 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I went to the HP Drivers and Downloads it had the history below. It was the May 2019 BIOS update that did the trick.

clipboard_image_0.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 47 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the help! I had tried several other means to get the Windows update to take but nothing worked until I did as you instructed. I renamed the file, went to HP's website and found the RST update, ran the 1903 update and then re-attempted the Windows update. IT WORKED!! Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 48 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also getting the same problem from a long time, hope to receive update from HP to arch download and install RST update soon so Windows 10 can complete update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 49 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation