Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy x360 m6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I attempt to install the driver that Hp support assistant recommends, for some odd reason, it simply will not go through. It states -> "Installation complete: Cancelled installation: Intel Serial IO Driver"  therefore not allowing this particular software to be installed on my computer. 

I have Windows 10 (64-bit) with an Intel i7-6/7th gen processor 7500U -CPU and it's obvious that my computer shouldn't have any issues with updating or even storage..... i still have 854GB out of my 1TB memory on the :C drive

Please let me know... Tried already to update the driver via Device Manager, to no avail. Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ausadams

Welcome to HP Forums,

I recommend you remove the HP Support Assistant and then reinstall the latest version of it on your device using this link: Click here

If the issue persists, you can download the update (If it's an update for your specific device and not the model/series as such) it should be available for download when you enter your serial number: Click here for instructions.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the sample problem and tried uninstalling/reinstalling the support assistant. That did not fix the problem. I still get the failed to install window for the Intel Serial IO update.

Jack
HP Recommended

@_Spectre_x360
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. After reading your post, I did go through the related issue and found out a few troubleshooting steps:
Try this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fix-for-Unknown-USB-Device-Dev...

Keep me posted.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.