Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
7MW54PA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I just switch from windows 10 to ubuntu to windows 8.1 single language because of some bugs and stability issue in windows 10 but now i am not able to run valorant because i can't use my integrated graphics card intel uhd 620 instead shows Microsoft basic adapter and directx 11 version 10.0 version required problem

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Intel only developed W10 drivers for the Intel UHD 620 graphics adapter.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to reinstall the only supported Windows OS and that is W10 64 bit.

You may want to try manually installing the latest Intel HD graphics driver for W10 by reading my knowledge base article at the link below.

Updating the Latest HD Graphics Driver from Intel...Skylake,... - HP Support Community - 7185608

Otherwise, you will have to figure out a way to modify the W10 driver to work on W8.1 and no one here will be able to help you with that.

it would take a considerable amount of work, but it probably could be done.

HP Recommended

what about the bugs in windows 10 ,i can't play online games cause it consume so much data for delivery optimization but i always keep it off but it always run in back ground and i am unable to update windows  tons of errors, what to do ? but i will try the modified driver option cause os change is not possible cause it's my third os this year.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.