Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 m convertible 11m-ad013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my memory in my laptop and updated the bios before doing so. The computer is now working fine except for the touchpad and keyboard. They are completely unresponsive when booting up. They are still technically working when in the bios load up during bootup. I tried updating the drivers and resetting the windows software. But, none of that has worked. Pls tell me any other things I should try.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@alfrecis Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that after upgrading the memory, the keyboard and touchpad unresponsive.

Please let us know which type and speed of memory you have installed on your computer.

Your computer uses  4 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM.  Your computer Supports the following conƭgurations

8192 MB (8192 MB × 1) or 4096 MB (4096 MB × 1)

I do recommend to try a CBR which is a Crisis Bios Recovery

The Bios recovery applies only for laptops computers with these steps:

*When the computer is completely off, no lights on nor, fan running

* Press the Windows key on the keyboard (the one near the space bar with the four squares) together with the letter B key

* Hold both keys down, meanwhile you are holding, press and hold the power button 10 sec

* After the 10 secs, release just the power button and keep holding Windows+ B keys for 5 secs more

* After that you can release all the keys, it is normal if the computer remains off. if it still off, press power button once

* it might go to a black screen so wait to see if it run a BIos restore message on the screen and wait until is done.

* if you don't have Bios update message on the screen, retry at least 2nd-time same steps

* If your keyboard works to go to Esc and also to f11, I don't think there is a hardware issue it is just software probably

** You can also try a system restore if previous steps don't work:

* Go tapping Esc when turning on the computer/ go tap f11 once/ select troubleshoot/advance options/ system restore/ select a date before the day you performed the Bios update but not further than 15 days cause is less likely it would work.

* If you can still access to the computer you can check your current Bios Version in System information and its Date

* Go to Hp Website and enter the model or product number of your computer / go for software and drivers and check within the list the Bios versions available on the website. Download and run.

* Make sure to select the correct OPERATING System. You can check by holding windows keys+ Pause key.

I hope these steps can be helpful

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.