Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

hi,

i have the opposite problem of this one. I have accidentally clicked something and now all i can access are the blue keys. i cant even use question marks, slash and ``at`` for emailing. how can i revert it back to normal (question mark) thanks!

HP Recommended

It took me 15 hours to find this post.

HP Recommended

angermeyer65

Thank you for the info...it was a huge help!

HP Recommended
How do I get out of the blue keys.....it seems to jump into that mode at random and I can't get out of it?
HP Recommended

Thank you it works.

HP Recommended

How do I type @ from my new HPG6 laptop... tried shift 2 but only 2 gets typed... ple help thk you

HP Recommended

I tried the suggested solution on my HP Pavilion G6 with Windows7. That is the reply that said that you accidently pressed ctrl and fn together plus Right shift. I also have experienced a sudden capital E with the French accent (or small e in lower case). The suggestion did not work BUT in trying lots of combos he was close. For me it was the LEFT shift.

Try this; In WORD or Notepad type a SLASH /. For me this is the last entry key in row 2 to the left of the large pause/arrow up entry key. The / is lower left on the key; ? is upper left both in white; a blue comma is lower right ; and the infamous blue E with accent is upper right. NOW: extreme lower left for me is the ctrl key. To its right is the funtion key labelled in WHITE fn (I read some are also in blue). Above ctrl is a small shift up with white arrow upward which I am calling left shift. Hold down both the ctrl and fn keys together. Now tap the left shift key once. If I then type the slash / the E with accent appears and will continue until I then hold ctrl & fn again follwed by tapping the left shift - lift your finger (still holding ctrl & fn) then tap shift again. Try it slowly. For me the / has now returned. I can repeat this any time.  The weird thing is that if you try this for other blue keys it gives strange results. Sometimes you will see the blue character & sometimes not. On one key (I forget which) I saw the accented E again but it was not on the key I pressed?

I have NO IDEA what is going on but it does work for the accented E

HTH

BBlock

HP Recommended

This works but for me it is the LEFT shift key, not the right

Thanks

BBlock

HP Recommended

HOW DO YOU USE BLUE KEYS

HP Recommended

I registered with HP just so that I could get into this forum to thank angermeyer65 for sharing the solution on this matter which has stumped me for Years!   In the past, I would log off and log back on to get rid of the weird symbols.   

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.