Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I discovered 2 solutions to this one temp. & one permanent. Thanks to my young nephew Kevin for the permanent. To toggle blue keys on & off on MY keyboard (HP Pavilion g6) Windows7 hold down the bottom left 2 keys (ctrl / fn) TOGETHER. While holding tap the up arrow (shift key) above them (only the left shift seems to work) once to turn off and twice for the reverse.

To stop all of this goto START and type SEARCH for Language. Select Region & Language and then the Keyboards & Languages tab then click CHANGE KEYBOARDS button. Select English (CANADA)  US then in the box below under English (Canada) Keyboard REMOVE everything but US. Save it. Should end the BLUE KEY problem

HP Recommended

My keyboard shift key is mia, under the shift key is a tiny nipple shaped piece of soft rubber but mine soon became mia too, now i have to dig my finger into the shift key hole area at a certain angle before the shift key will allow me to use the  @  symbol to send emails or access symbols like " &"  etcetra.  The bottom right ley on my key board is sticking part way out of the keyboard at a odd angle so i can't use the  right arrow to move the text bar to the right, i assume the cat ran accross the key board. Hope this helps. Typed from  a Canadian G62 HP

HP Recommended

Hello chulookin,

By what you are explaining, it sounds like your key board is broke.

Sounds like physical damage.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

Oh yeah.... the key board is broken alright, even the touch pad rarely works unless i manage to tap it in the right spot the right way.   Makes programming a frustrating experience, other then the minor set backs i will be fine. Ibought this from a pawn shop for $275 so i got what i paid for...

HP Recommended

chulookin,

Sorry to hear that, you might be able to call HP and get it fixed for a fairly cheap price, and maybe free if it’s still under warranty.  Never hurts to check.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the answer to the Blue Character

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this solution.  I've been messing with my keyboard for 40 minutes trying to get the blue keys turned off.  I finally went to google to see if anyone else has this problem and was really lucky to get to your solution.  I tried it and it worked first time. Thank you again.

HP Recommended

No problem Tanell. I got the temp. solution from this Forum and the permanent one from my nephew, also a student in Computer Science.

HP Recommended

I tried your method to get rid of the French characters like the É coming up instead of the question mark. It doesnèt work for me as you can tell by the fact that the è shows up insead of the apostrophy. All the other suggestions on this site also do not work. What the hell is wrong with the computer companies that design a keyboard and donèt give people the instructions on how to make them work properlyÉ !!

HP Recommended

Not sure which you tried but this is the one that should work. I am using WIndows 7 so yours might be different.

BBlock

To stop all of this goto START and type SEARCH for Language. Select Region & Language and then the Keyboards & Languages tab then click CHANGE KEYBOARDS button. Select English (CANADA) US then in the box below under English (Canada) Keyboard REMOVE everything but US. Save it. Should end the BLUE KEY problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.