Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I have recently had the motherboard of my laptop replaced under warranty, and since receiving it back the backslash key is not working correctly (having previously worked). I tested the key using the onscreen keyboard, and the key itself works, but functions as a shortcut for the control button instead of backslash. It is possible that I may have accidently pressed another key that reassigned it, but I don't remember doing so. How can I fix this so that the backslash key works properly again? (For reference, I am using the UK QWERTY keyboard format.)

Best wishes.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

UPDATE: Through some searching I have found a solution from this forum: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-X360-keyboard-backslas...

I have to admit though, I am not very impressed with HP, given that I spent ~£1500 on the HP Spectre 360 less than a year ago, and already I have had several problems with it - the screen stopped working (required the motherboard to be replaced), and then the backslash key being incorrectly assigned. The warranty is only for a year (which for me runs out in 2 weeks). I shall be extremely disappointed with HP if anything further happens to my laptop soon after the warranty runs out. To be honest, I expected a lot more reliability from such a high end laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.