Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15-ar081no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Envy x360 with a Danish keyboard. The key for < and > does not work properly. Instead of firing angle brackets it fires ctrl.
My only chance to type < and > is typing via the virtual keyboard, which is rather cumbersome when you write html 😞

I went to the store where I bought it and tried their demo model. It has the same defect...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I went to the store yesterday. Their technical guy found the solution on HP's support page for my PC model: A bios update. And it worked: sp77145.exe

Kind regards,

Gigondas

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@Gigondas,

Thanks for choosing HP forums. One stop for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Wrong keyboard layout selected. Is that right?

I will definitely help you.

I recommend you try the following steps below and check if that helps.

Your default keyboard layout or input method is the one that’s automatically used with the language you see Windows in (for example, the QWERTY keyboard for American English).

If you want to keep your Windows language the same but use a different keyboard automatically, follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering Control Panel in the search box, and then tapping or clicking Control Panel.
  2. Enter Add a language in the search box and then tap or click Add a language.
  3. Tap or click Advanced settings.
  4. Under Override for default input method, choose the keyboard layout or input method you'd like to be your new default, and then tap or click Save.

Note

If you don't see the keyboard layout or input method you want, then you haven't added it to your input method list. For instructions, see the Add a keyboard layout or input method for a language section.

Let me know if this helps.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I went to the store yesterday. Their technical guy found the solution on HP's support page for my PC model: A bios update. And it worked: sp77145.exe

Kind regards,

Gigondas

HP Recommended

Hi@Gigondas,

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for sharing the update. Glad that the PC is back online for your needs.\

Enjoy computing

Cheers,

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution  if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.