Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
12-15-2021 06:47 AM
Product: HP Notebook - 15-da0007tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
After I change a new battery, when I pluged in charge my laptop, when the battery percentage charge around 80%, the Pluged in will disconnect itself for around 30 seconds and reconnect again. I notice the charging light keep changing between orange and white. Even though I had done troubleshooting or calibration solutions for the battery, but this problem still exists. I was suspect that the battery I change recently got problem.
Hope someone could help me fix my Problem.
Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1
12-18-2021 01:00 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry! We are in your corner.
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
- 1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
- 2. Expand batteries.
- 3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
- 4. Shut down the computer.
- 5. Disconnect the charger.
- 6. Remove the battery. (only for removable battery)
- 7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
- 8. Insert the battery only. (only for removable battery)
- 9. Attempt to turn the battery on.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community