Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-af131dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to update drivers because they were supposedly causing problems with a program and I apparently made a mistake. Now my computer stutters every 5 seconds

I've already tried HP support assistant troubleshooting and completely reinstalled windows from a USB with no luck

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@RTC2000

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I see that the issue persists even after reinstalling Windows. Did you use the HP Recovery Media to Reinstall Windows?

I suggest you perform a System Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried both using the tool and installing from scratch using a USB and no luck.

About the test, I also tried both the extensive and the short one and everything turned out great, no errror.

I'd like to point out that there's no stutter in safe mode and also even though there's not a lot of usage (Between 15% and 25%), theres a CPU spike every time it stutters.

HP Recommended

@RTC2000

Try reinstalling the Audio Driver from Device Manager

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Audio Input & Output Adapters and expand the List
- Look for Audio driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Audio driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't really know which driver you meant, I tried to both update and reinstall all the drivers related to Audio and no luck.

HP Recommended

@RTC2000

I understand your concerns. 

In that case, I would suggest you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you for answering but I've already tried reinstalling the OS a couple times.

HP Recommended

@RTC2000

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Or you can contact the local service center for repair.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

My computer is out of warranty and they'll charge me, that's why I asked for help I the forums, nevertheless thanks for answering it really is appreciated. 

HP Recommended

@RTC2000

In that case, you can contact the local service center. They will help you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.