Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 620tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

why my laptop is charging very slowly and after a certain percentage it is not increasing?  I have checked for the battery back up and only 12% of the battery (from 56% to 44%) gave 35 minutes of backup.  I have calibrated the battery and also formatted my operating system for possible software errors; but still the issue is there. i have also tried with chargers of my friends.  My laptop model is Pavilion au620tx.  kindly help me to resolve this problem.

Thanking You,

Janmejaya

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Janmejaya214 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issue laptop charging.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern: 

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager: 
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.  

2) Expand “Batteries”.  

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.  

4) Click on “Uninstall”.  

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver  

6) Shutdown the computer.  

7) Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in.  

😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.  

9) Go to Device Manager.  

10) Expand Batteries.  

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"  

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.  

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed. 

Please update the BIOS as well.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196

Thanks for the reply.  I had tried these steps before. It didn't work for me. Thank you again for your kind help.

HP Recommended

@Janmejaya214

I understand your concerns. 

Please perform the battery test and check.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Battery and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

If the test is passed, please perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@praveen196

Thanks for your response. I have already tried battery check and system reset two times, but the issue was not resolved. I visited the HP care once. They checked the system and said everything is okay. The engineer proposed me to reset the system and also said that if the reset doesn't work, I have to replace the battery. I tried the reset, but it didn't work. Then I charged my battery to a percentage until which it charged (57%), then observed the backup and I found that battery is fine. It gave 35 minutes back up with 12% charge consumption (from 56% to 44%).  Is there any other solution possible.  Kindly suggest.

Thanking You,

Janmejaya

HP Recommended

@Janmejaya214 

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@praveen196

Thanks for the reply.  The warranty for my product has expired. SO, they are not getting me connected to them to resolve the issue. only the support community option was shown to me.

Thank You.

HP Recommended

@Janmejaya214

Please perform the system reset and check.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@praveen196

Thank you very much for your consistent reply.  I have tried the system reset 2 times, but issue still persists.  Kindly let me know is there any other option.

Thanking You,

Janmejaya

HP Recommended

@Janmejaya214

You have to contact phone support.

Or you can contact local service center for repair. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.