Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15g-br105tx
Microsoft Windows 11

My laptop is heating up a lot and also the battery drains much faster, even though I cleaned the dust on my laptop and put the thermal paste on the CPU.

Also HP support assistant app is telling that your battery needs to calibrate. I followed the steps to calibrate the battery but nothing has happened.

And also a year ago in my laptop GTA 5 used to run smoothly, but now not only GTA 5 but GTA San Andreas and other games are lagging.

How do I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Osborne0 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... 

Do the following trick ...

(1) Open the windows device manager and uninstall the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

- Right click on "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

- Click "Uninstall device"

- Confirm your choice if you see a popup notification

ub6424_0-1656507453541.png

(2Shutdown your notebook/computer

(3) Remove battery, remove ac adapter, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.

(Note: If do not have the technical skills to remove the battery (most notebook has to be diassembled !) , just start the notebook and go directly into the bios (ESC/F1/F2/F10) and let the notebook stay there or run HP Diagnostic Test loops to drain the battery (don't connect the AC adapter !) until it is switching off automatically

(4Install batteryplugin ac adapter and wait until the battery is fully charged (don't start the windows operating system !) and check the charging led.

(5) If you do have no charging led, wait at least 2 hours ...

(6) Start your notebook/computer, now the windows battery management system is synchronized with your installed battery. Normally it should show 98-100% battery level.

(7) If your battery level is too low and you are loosing your battery capacity too fast, your battery has to be replaced...

(8! IMPORTANT !

Check your hardware

Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to diagnose hardware errors ...

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c04499777

Watch how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM&ab_channel=HPSupport

Please report your results ( report, pictures, error messages ... )

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

This video shows how to test your HP computer hardware using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. If you suspect that your computer has hardware issues, follow the steps in this video to isolate and identify them using the HP PC Diagnostics UEFI. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Download and install
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.