Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-Au122ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, My laptop is almost 3 years old and its lagging when i'm using internet browser watching videos on Youtube it's doesn't matter working on battery or charger i tried everything to fix it but in vain i also have problem with battery when i plugged in battery stops charging at 80% i had this problem in the past somehow i fixed it but a few days later the same problem still appears again and again how can i fix these problems forever?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Terhi

Please perform a Reset and let me know how it goes. You can follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Terhi

Let's start with the Battery issue. Please reinstall the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery

Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery 

Next update the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

If the issue persists run a Battery Test 

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Power > Battery

You mentioned that the Notebook lags when you are online. Does it happen only when you are on the Internet?

Please run a Malware scan to check for any spywares or Malwares

Also run the Hard drive test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Hard drive

Keep me posted 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for reply 

I can't remove the battery from laptop but i  tried to uninstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and  update the bios but doesn't working what can i do? 

HP Recommended

@Terhi

Do not remove the Battery if it's an internal Battery. Did you run the Battery Test and Hard drive Test to confirm the Hardware Functionalities?

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for late i did it but nothing new 

HP Recommended

@Terhi

Please perform a Reset and let me know how it goes. You can follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

it's necessary? i dont want to lose games and information

HP Recommended

@Terhi

If you do not wish to perform the Reset, you can follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04770630 to help you with performance issues

Regarding the Battery, what was the outcome of the Battery Test?

Since you mentioned the Notebook is 3 yrs old, this is likely to be an issue with the Battery

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.