Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAV 14-AL 104
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
my new HP Pavilion laptop has the wrong warranty start date.
The laptop was only purchased on 16 december 2017. However the start date of the warranty is 16 may 2017.
Obviously I would like this corrected.

Before anyone asks. Yes I can prove it.

Thanks in advance
Kuldeep
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Use the following HP link.  There is a section in the manual warranty check which will allow you to dispute what you believe is an incorrect warranty date.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05084516

@Kuldeep141092  Updated with an image.

dispute warranty.png

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Use the following HP link.  There is a section in the manual warranty check which will allow you to dispute what you believe is an incorrect warranty date.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05084516

@Kuldeep141092  Updated with an image.

dispute warranty.png

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello eric 

as per your suggetion i have done the process but still they havn’t fixed my case.

HP Recommended

I will ask a Moderator to escalate the issue. Thank you for your patience..

HP Recommended

@Kuldeep141092

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello erico and rick-s 

the issue was fixed now, thank you for your support.

Thanks

kuldeep patidar

HP Recommended

Hi purchased my New Laptop on the 29th July, but according to HP my warranty runs out in March.

Saw a previous listing where Rico assisted in a similar case.

Best regards

John

HP Recommended

@johnSpiv_Wilts

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I bought a laptop two months ago, and its warranty shows as expired. I need your help to update the warranty. 

thank you

HP Recommended

Hi Echo,

You said I would be contacted by someone from a local team. I have not had any contact.

Thanks and best regards

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.