Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-ap0053dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ever since I bought this laptop (having switched from Lenovo), this HP does not wake up from sleep or hibernation.  After the set time in Power Management, the screen goes black.  I see the power button still lit white.  Nothing wakes up the computer; not moving/clicking the mouse; not touching any keys or the screen; nothing.  I have to press & hold the power button for several seconds to completely power down the laptop and then press the power button again for a total reboot.  This is not normal and I really am annoyed with this laptop.  Is there any solution or should I just go back to  buying a Lenovo?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@OilandGas

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed the instruction above. There were no Windows updates to install. There were no HP updates or bios updates to install from HP Support Assistant.

This problem still persists.

HP Recommended

@OilandGas
Thank you for posting back. 

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Search for power, and then click Power Options.

Opening the Power Options in Windows

3. Select an option under Choose or customize a power plan.

Selecting a power plan

4. To customize the selected plan, click Change plan settings, and then select the display and sleep settings when using the battery and when plugged in.

NOTE:  To set up a personalized plan, click Create a power plan from list on the left side of the main Power Options window, and then follow the on-screen instructions. The plan displays in the list of available power plans.
  5. To change more power settings, click Change advanced power settings.

Change advanced power settings for more options

6. Click the plus sign next to the component or function, change the available settings, click Apply, and then click OK.

Changing the Advanced settings

7. Click Save changes.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still doesn't solve my issue.  See my screen shots below. Note, I do not see the option regarding hard diskpic1a.jpgpic1.JPG

HP Recommended

Hello HP !!!!!

This problem still persists. Any help or do I just need to throw this in the trash and buy a computer from a different manufacturer? 

HP Recommended

@OilandGas

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.