Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillon Intel core 2 duo Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am looking for the latest Bios of an old notebook.

The Product number is the following:

KN105EA#ABU

And the Serial number is the following:

CNF8084F8D

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

i just reply to myself to explain a little bit more i'm asking that.

My previous bios was in revision F45, i it was not able to support a wireless card that was previously supported by another HP similar laptop.

So i updated my bios... but...

It seems I did a wrong bios update with the following file:

sp48024.exe (F.5A REV: A)

Now i'm only able to load another bios by using Win+B keys and an external drive formatted with CRISDISK.

I already know how to create the disk and so on.

So i tried by using the "wph" file inside the following updates without any success:

- SP39862

- SP38510

The computer read the external drive during few minutes, but does not reboot after flashing the bios.

I still have black screen on power on

If someone can help me please.

HP Recommended

Hi:

F.5A was the correct BIOS update for the dv6500 and newer notebooks with Intel processors.

And sp39862 should have worked as well.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, Thanks for your answer.

So i was not fully crazy about whish bios i can run into this laptop.

But at the end nothing seems working 😞

I already tried to remove the bios battery to clear the cmos cache, but it does not change.

Did you have an idea of what could be the root cause ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Those two files were definitely for your PC, and F.5A was the latest one.

Unfortunately, I don't know what caused the issue, or how to fix it.

I don't know if you ran the BIOS update in W10.

That is generally not a good idea, but I have read posts where others have run the updates in W10 on the dv6xxx notebooks with Intel processors, and the update works.

On notebooks with AMD processors, there is a 100% failure rate unless you run the update in Windows Vista.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, yes i did the first bios update (somehow the wrong one) under windows 10... 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.